Aromatic Bacteria : Chiba 2006
Wow!! By lighting bacteria, a refreshing scent stars filling the room. In the dark, the light sensing E.coli will turn orenge. With the red light on, the color of E.coli fades out, and aroma is produced instead.
How it works
Firstly,we are going to make E.coli that smell good!
Secondary,We are going to make a light receptor that react different wavelength.
PCB reacts redlight (that is about 660nm). If we change PCB to PΦB and PEB , the absorption wavelength shifts 15nm respectively.
We are going to use the EBIY. EBIY produces ricopen. That puts out orange color.
We are also going to make these systems. File:Aroma pathway.jpg
Light receptor etc…
- 10/15--We succeeded a experiments of aroma! farnessene and pinene are a kind of sweet fragrance. Geraniol and pinene have a citrus flavor.
- 9/23--We succesed yesterday's experiment. The smell of geraniol that is produced E.coli was a kind of citrus.
- 9/22--We tested efficency of E.coli that makes geraniol.
- 9/21--We are trying to make E.coli that makes geraniol.
- 9/12--We got a gene that codes geraniol synthase.