The idea of this questionnaire is to gather information and opinions about iGEM 2006 in order to make iGEM 2007 more successful.
- Is it a good idea to do an evaluation?
- We need to have a small number of good questions...
- We need a way to evaluate the questions. Our idea is to give 1 to 5 points (1 for 'worst' and 5 for 'best')
- We need to decide who the evaluation is meant for (instructors or students or both? Have a different form for instructors and students?
- How do we deliver the questions? (Online form? Printed versions?)
- Do we do the evaluation before or after the jamboree?
- In general, was iGEM a good experience?
- Does iGEM help to get to know the field of Synthetic Biology?
- How many of your team members are considering an academic future in the field of Synthetic Biology?
- General remarks
- How many did you have?
- How many ambassadors were there? Which ambassadors?
- How long was the visit?
- Was the visit useful?
- Was the visit needed?
- Was the ambassador ‘engagiert’ (dedicated?)?
- Was the ambassador ‘kompetent’ (competent?)? (biologically, engineering, iGEM-organisation)
- Did you feel you had a enjoyable relationship with your ambassador (personally/professionally)
Service and Availability
Were questions answered in time by the ambassadors? Did you get help with administrative issues quickly (e.g. visa)?
iGEM central organization
- Have you received sufficient information during the summer competition (mails, wiki, ambassadors)? Too much?
- Were you informed in time?
- Were your questions answered in time? (questions to MIT, not ambassadors)
- Were the answers to your questions useful? (questions MIT, not ambassadors)
- Did you find the information needed on the iGEM Web Page?
Registry and Biobrick Delivery
- Was the Registry easy to use?
- Was the registry well documented?
- Does the registry offer the appropriate tools?
- Was useful help available? On the web page? By FAQs? By asking the ambassadors or the Registry people?
- (more questions on specific features/bugs/shortcomings) standard assembly, search functions, part pages, ...
- Were the biobricks delivered at the right time?
- Were the biobricks well documented?
- Did you get help with questions about the BioBricks?
- Did you use the iGEM Wiki or your own Wiki?
- Did you use the Wiki from the start? When dod you start using it?
- For what purposes did you use the Wiki? Team communication/organization, Project documentation, Information source for outsiders (media, sponsors)
- Do you think that having a basic structure prepared would have made it easier to start using the Wiki?
- Did you visit other team’s Wikis?
- Do you think a Wiki is a useful tool for iGEM?