2006 Jamboree Location and Directions
Hotels around MIT are expensive ($250-$350), but lower rates (about $120) can be found nearby, within a short cab or subway ride.
- The Hotel@MIT (20 Sidney St, Cambridge,(617) 577-0200) is excellent and close to campus (see map above). There is a block of rooms reserved at a special rate of $189.00, available until October 3rd, 2006. If you call the hotel, request the iGEM Jamboree guest rate. You can also book online by following these instructions:
- Go to hotel@mit website
- Click on Reservations (bottom left of screen) – this will redirect you to the Doubletree.com website
- At the Doubletree.com/Hotel @ MIT website, select dates/smoking preferences/bed type and departure dates
- At group/convention code prompt, load JMB
- A reservation and confirmation code will be provided and the reservation will be coded to the group block.
- The Boston Marriott Cambridge (2 Cambridge Ctr, Cambridge, (617) 494-6600) is also a good choice for nearby accommodation.
- The Kendall Hotel is a block away from the Sata Center
- The Radisson Hotel (777 Memorial Drive) is about a mile from the Stata, and has less expensive rooms.
- A list of temporary housing near MIT can be found here, or check major travel web sites (Travelocity, Expedia, or Hotels.com) for other accommodation options.
Prelimary headcounts are available at the Jamboree Attendance page
The iGEM 2006 external web site can be found here.
Archived information about the 2005 Jamboree can be found here.
iGEM Competition c/o 32 Vassar Street, Room 314, Cambridge, MA 02139 (617) 258 5244 | Join iGEM | Support iGEM