Getting Started with iGEM and the Registry
- You will need to set up an account with the Registry of Standard Parts if you have not already done so.
- Also check out the Registry Help and Documentation to begin working with BioBricks.
- Getting started - Introductory tutorial on how to edit iGEM wiki pages. More info at here and here.
- Teach the Teachers Summaries 2006 MIT, May 6 photos ; EU, June 12
Lectures and Presentations
- Foundations of Engineering Biology (Drew Endy): high res lowjournal article
- Synthetic Society (Drew Endy): high res low resPDF PowerPoint
- Other Drew Endy videos and presentations
- MIT Teach the Teachers summary (May 2006)
- Synthetic Biology 2.0 webcasts (May 2006)
- Natalie Kuldell's BE.109 MIT course "Laboratory Fundamentals of Biological Engineering."
- MIT OpenCourseWare directory of Biological Engineering classes.
- Synthetic Biology technical reports in MIT's DSpace
- Registry Help - documentation from how-to's to general information dealing with all things Biobricks
- Standard Assembly
- www.dnai.org - A highly recommended website teaching basic --> advanced biology specializing in visuals and animations
- comic introducing basic ideas of Synthetic Biology, Parts and Devices.
- Drew Endy's article Foundations for engineering biology (published in Nature), explaining motivation and ideas behind synthetic biology.
- Wikipedia article about synthetic biology, with more links
- iGEM 2005 Supplement This document summarizes what happened in 2003 and 2004, gives a background on abstraction and PoPS.
- Abstraction hierarchy and PoPS
- iGEM News - the iGEM news portal
- Research Papers in Synthetic Biology - Library of synthetic biology publications
- iGEM Papers - An introduction to genetic engineering and synthetic biology
- Synthetic Biology Lectures - Lecture series held at UC Berkeley from speakers in the field
- The BioBricks page on OpenWetWare provides information related to BioBricks and the registry, including some Protocols.
- OpenWetWare - OWW is a portal for sharing information, know-how and wisdom among researchers and groups who are working in biology & biological engineering.
- Cold Spring Harbor Protocols - CSH has over 500 protocols in this online database... but it's not free.