Dates and Times
The Jamboree will be held at MIT's Stata Center over the first weekend of November.
Teams should arrive in Boston on or before Friday, November 3, 2006.
Presentations will take place on November 4th - 5th, 2006 starting sometime early in the morning (around 9AM) on the 4th and ending in the late afternoon of the 5th.
Check back here for agenda information.
Hotels around MIT are quite expensive, but more reasonable rates (about $120) can be found nearby, within a short cab or subway ride. Please check the travelocity, expedia, or hotels.com web sites for additional accommodation options.
- The Hotel@MIT (20 Sidney St, Cambridge,(617) 577-0200) is excellent and close to campus (see map below). There is a block of rooms reserved at a special rate of $189.00, if you call and request the iGEM Jamboree guest rate. You can also book online by following these instructions:
- Go to hotel@mit website
- Click on Reservations (bottom left of screen) – this will redirect you to the Doubletree.com website
- At the Doubletree.com/Hotel @ MIT website, select dates/smoking preferences/bed type and departure dates
- At group/convention code prompt, load JMB
- A reservation and confirmation code will be provided and the reservation will be coded to the group block.
- The Boston Marriott Cambridge (2 Cambridge Ctr, Cambridge, (617) 494-6600) is a good choice for nearby accommodation.
- The Kendall Hotel is a block away from the Sata Center
- The Radisson Hotel (777 Memorial Drive) is about a mile from the Stata, and has less expensive rooms.
- Or check out a comprehensive list of temporary housing here.
Directions to MIT from Logan Airport
By taxi - Taxi fare from the airport is about $20-$25. During non-rush hour, the taxi ride will take about 15 minutes. During rush hour, the ride could take 30 minutes.
By subway - From any terminal at Logan airport, take the Silver Line bus to South Station. At South Station, change to the Red Line subway (inbound toward Alewife) and exit Kendall/MIT to go to the Stata Center. If heading to the Hotel at MIT, continue on one more station to Central. Under normal conditions the ride will take about one-half hour and the fare is $1.25. Click here for maps and information about the Boston subway system.
By car - Leaving the airport, follow the signs to the Sumner Tunnel. Enter the tunnel and stay in the right lane. At the end of the tunnel, continue to stay in the right lane, start down an incline and bear to the right immediately at the sign for Storrow Drive. Take Exit 26 for Cambridge/Somerville. Follow the signs for Back Bay/Cambridge (do not take the exit for Cambridge/Somerville). Stay in the right lane and follow the signs for Storrow Drive Westbound. After you pass under the pedestrian walkbridges, change to the left lane and take the exit for 2A North. Turn right and cross the Harvard Bridge (Massachusetts Avenue). MIT's main entrance is 77 Massachusetts Avenue, and it will be on the right at the second set of traffic lights.
An all-ages social event for students and faculty will be held the night of November 4th. We are speculating that this will also be held in the Stata Center (the same building which will house the conference). More information on this soon.
Information about the 2005 Jamboree can be found here.
Ideas/Suggestions for the Jamboree? Contact the Jamboree planning committee
Prelimary headcounts are available at the Jamboree Attendance page