The Jamboree will be held at MIT's Stata Center on Saturday November 4 and Sunday November 5th, 2006.
2006 Conference Schedule (Preliminary)
Friday, November 3
Food and drinks at Flat Top Johnny's, Kendall Square, 7 pm to midnight
Not iGEM-sponsored, just a meet and greet for teams that arrive early
Saturday, November 4
The meetings will be concurrent in 3 halls.
Each group will have 15-20 minutes to present their work, plus up to 10 minutes of discussion or questions.
duration event time 800 1 hour Coffee and snacks 900 15 Introduction and welcome 915 30 presentation 1 945 30 presentation 2 1015 15 break 1030 30 presentation 3 1100 30 presentation 4 1130 30 presentation 5 1200 1 hour lunch and break 1300 30 presentation 6 1330 30 presentation 7 1400 30 presentation 8 1430 15 break 1445 30 presentation 9 1515 30 presentation 10 1545 30 presentation 11 1615 15 break 1630 30 presentation 12 1700 30 presentation 13 and closing comments 1730 2.5 hours posters, cocktails, buffet dinner with live music 2000 4 hours social event start 2400 End of social event
Sunday, November 5
930 30 breakfast 1000 1 hour awards 1100 15 break 1115 1200 top presentation recap 1200 1 hour lunch 1300 45 mins Keynote Presentation 1 1345 45 mins Keynote Presentation2 1430 30 Closing comments
Hotels around MIT are quite expensive ($250+ is not uncommon), but more reasonable rates (about $120) can be found nearby, within a short cab or subway ride. Please check the travelocity, expedia, or hotels.com web sites for additional accommodation options.
- The Hotel@MIT (20 Sidney St, Cambridge,(617) 577-0200) is excellent and close to campus (see map below). There is a block of rooms reserved at a special rate of $189.00, if you call and request the iGEM Jamboree guest rate. You can also book online by following these instructions:
- Go to hotel@mit website
- Click on Reservations (bottom left of screen) – this will redirect you to the Doubletree.com website
- At the Doubletree.com/Hotel @ MIT website, select dates/smoking preferences/bed type and departure dates
- At group/convention code prompt, load JMB
- A reservation and confirmation code will be provided and the reservation will be coded to the group block.
- The Boston Marriott Cambridge (2 Cambridge Ctr, Cambridge, (617) 494-6600) is a good choice for nearby accommodation.
- The Kendall Hotel is a block away from the Sata Center
- The Radisson Hotel (777 Memorial Drive) is about a mile from the Stata, and has less expensive rooms.
- Or check out a comprehensive list of temporary housing here.
Directions to MIT from Logan Airport
By taxi - Taxi fare from the airport is about $20-$25. During non-rush hour, the taxi ride will take about 15 minutes. During rush hour, the ride could take 30 minutes.
By subway - From any terminal at Logan airport, take the Silver Line bus to South Station. At South Station, change to the Red Line subway (inbound toward Alewife) and exit Kendall/MIT to go to the Stata Center. If heading to the Hotel at MIT, continue on one more station to Central. Under normal conditions the ride will take about one-half hour and the fare is $1.25. Click here for maps and information about the Boston subway system.
By car - Leaving the airport, follow the signs to the Sumner Tunnel. Enter the tunnel and stay in the right lane. At the end of the tunnel, continue to stay in the right lane, start down an incline and bear to the right immediately at the sign for Storrow Drive. Take Exit 26 for Cambridge/Somerville. Follow the signs for Back Bay/Cambridge (do not take the exit for Cambridge/Somerville). Stay in the right lane and follow the signs for Storrow Drive Westbound. After you pass under the pedestrian walkbridges, change to the left lane and take the exit for 2A North. Turn right and cross the Harvard Bridge (Massachusetts Avenue). MIT's main entrance is 77 Massachusetts Avenue, and it will be on the right at the second set of traffic lights.
Information about last year's Jamboree can be found here.
Ideas/Suggestions for the Jamboree? Contact the Jamboree planning committee
Prelimary headcounts are available at the Jamboree Attendance page