Box 4662, 02912
At the beginning of the week we divided the new project idea into four parts so that each team of two would be responsible for one device. Annie and I are working on the mechanism which immobilizes the cell, called the "freeze machine." We made Kanamycin plates and then resuspended and transformed the necessary parts. We plan to mini-prep the parts next week, with digestions and ligations to follw after that. Azeem and I also put the parts on the registry.
Tuesday - Came in at night and grew up colonies of parts C0078, C0079, and S03271 for mini-prep
Wednesday - Mini-prepped the colonies from Tuesday. Made more Amp. plates. Resuspended and transformed parts R0010, B0033, Q01510, B0032, E0420, and C0260. Because Azeem and I changed the set up of the 'freeze machine' at the end of last week, a lot of the parts that we transformed last week actually aren't going to be used...thus more transformations.
Thursday - Annie and I planned the begining of the ligation order for the 'Freeze Machine.' We grew colonies overnight for mini-prep on Friday. We also edited the Wiki unitl we couldn't see straight.
Friday - Due to human error, our colonies did not grow. They will grow today and Azeem and Jason will mini-prep them tonight. We continued to edit the wiki, and had our weekly meeting. We transformed the last two parts which had difficulty transforming earlier in the week, hopefully with better success.